Sunday, March 7, 2010

ITALY....Mi Manchi il Figlio!

What a beautiful day to be in Italy!It is your first Sunday there. This morning your church service was in Isola di Capo Rizzuto. It is so amazing that when I went to bed last night, the sun was already waking where you are. When I got up this morning, your morning service was over. I trust that it was awesome. You were in my prayers through my night and your day! Isola di Capo Rizzuto is a town in the Calabria region. It would appear to be a small town with a population of 15,000 people. Although the name (Isola) means isle, it is not actually an island; it is an isthmus extending into the sea which is completely attached to the peninsula. It must be gorgeous.




The main historical attraction is the sixteenth century fortification of Le Castella. I love looking at the official website for the towns that you are visiting. I don't read italian but "turismo e cultura" are real easy words to figure out!

The pastor for the church this morning was Antonino Elia Mortellito and you must have quite a drive to this evenings service because you are eating a bag lunch on the bus! I wonder if their bag lunches have pizza and cannolis!! Doesn't that sound so much better than a dry ham sandwich!

You are in the bus right now and I am praying for safety, for peace, for a band of angels to protect you. Do they drive crazy like where we live or are they sane drivers? I hope the latter is true!

You are on your way to Reggio Calabria. The sound check is at 4:30 and your service is at 6:00. When you are in ministry for the evening service, daddy will be preaching here at Hatfield Assembly for the morning service!! I pray that both of you while in ministry at the same time in 2 different time zones will sense God's anointing and beautiful things will happen to the people present. You have a message to tell and sing to the nations!

I am praying for Pastor Davide DiIorio this morning. He may need God to refresh his spirit in only a way that college students can! How kind of him to feed and house the VFCC students there at the church tonight. May he be blessed for his extra efforts.

Reggio Calabria is quite a place! I am anxious to see your pictures from there specifically! It is the capital of the Calabria province. It is located on the "toe" of the italian peninsula and is seperated by the Messina Strait from the island of Sicily. Isn't that cool! It is situated also on the slope of the Aspromonte mountain range. It is the oldest and largest city in the region and is the second oldest city in all of Italy. It is called the City of the Bronzes, all dating back to its Greek origin.

Reggio Calabria has a population of 186,134. It was founded in 720 BC by the Greeks and then later became a Roman ally, thus turning into a Roman Republic. Being a port city I am wondering if you will have some seafood. I hope that you really like it! The Aragonese capital building is now a center for art. I wonder if you will tour this place tomorrow when you have a couple hours to sight see. That building was there before 540, isn't that amazing. I love the deep history that you are experiencing on this trip! I read that the Versace family is from this city. I bet they capitalize on such a famous family. I wonder if you will see there name posted downtown anywhere or if there is a Versace store or maybe a street named after him! Remember when we were in Florida the day that he was killed and that whole story?? Well when I saw the pictures online for Reggio Calabria I had to get daddy and Renee to come and see them. This looks like a beautiful city and I am so happy you get to see it with your own eyes, wow!






Today this scripture comes to mind for you.

The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty one will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you in His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing. Zeph. 3:17


Keep singing son
Keep blessing people
Have loads of fun
Make lots of memories
Treasure all the moments of the journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment