Monday, March 15, 2010

ITALY.....Dire Addio!

This is it! This blog series has been so much fun! I learned some cool things about Italy and I really enjoyed envisioning where you were each day. You make my life so much fun...as a matter of fact you always have!



Funny most of our memories involve performance, ministry, music in one way or the other! My goodness in a matter of 6 days you saw John Mayer live and Italy too!








Here are some things I learned about Italy in the last couple of weeks:

~Don't try to outrun the police in Lazio, they drive Lamborghini's!

~Italians eat on average, 66 pounds of pasta and 60 liters of wine per year and a half a pound of bread per day!

~Opera is an Italian creation.

~Italy is slightly larger than Arizona.

~Italy borders Austria, France, Slovenia and Switzerland.

~The famous children's story, Pinocchio, was written by an Italian!

~The piano hails from Italy.

~Cologne came from Italy (in the region of Campania) Roses were a main ingredient.

~Eyeglasses are an Italian invention.

~The colors of the Italian flag represent hope, faith, and love,green, white and red.


Well my wonderful first born, so ends the Italy blogs. It has been fun!
You bless me so much. When you cross the ocean be prepared to tell me everything! I can't wait to see your photos and hear your experience.



Now I think I will go take a nap before I go looking for some more "boot" images of Italy! I am beat. I figured it out the other day. When I am going to sleep, you are waking up so I would pray for your new day. When I am going through my day, I am praying for your evening and your rest. When I go to bed at midnight, it was already 6 a.m in Italy so my mind couldn't rest, then I would wake at 3 a.m and it is already 9:00 where you are so I couldn't let time fly by and not pray, so the rest of my night I was awake! So you see, when you are on another time zone I am praying night and day!

At this moment you are crossing the ocean! I am praying for safe travel, protected bags, renewed strength, God speed, and memories to last a lifetime.

Arrivederci.....or maybe I'll just say g'nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment