Friday, June 17, 2011

I left my heart.....

Funny thing.....I still find myself reliving our time in the states last month. I just can't get it out of my mind. It was a tremendous, uplifting, exciting, proud kind of month. Ryan's recital, VFCC Music Department chapel, Baccalaureate, Graduation, being in New England, Brooklyn Tab, Ryan, Ryan, Ryan. It was such a great time.

I heard a song in the Music Department Chapel that I had never heard before. It is so good. A guy's ensemble sang it. Gloria Gaither wrote it. I want to forever remember it. It is just one of those songs!

In 33 years of full time ministry we have experienced some real highs and some really, really low lows. Like everyone. It doesn't matter if you are in the ministry or not. If you are alive and breathing, you will experience crazy times. The rain falls. The sun shines. The clouds overtake. Hurricane winds blow. Floods drown. Fires burn. Rainbows appear. Earthquakes shake. This is life. This song reminds me that God takes us through all of it. The good and the bad. The pretty and the ugly. He is my "through it all" God. I am in His grip. I am safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment